Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas With the Olympus XA


Now, you'd think since the XA is a newer, it would be dead simple to use compared to the Leica. I thought so too, until I forgot that when a roll says 36 frames, its actually more. The first roll I had on it I used for my friend's art gallery exhibit opening, and my lola's birthday party. Unfortunately, I start rewinding it when the film counter read 36. I didnt understand why it was so difficult to rewind the film, turns out it wasnt finished yet. Then I remembered that you dont rewind the film until you cant advance it anymore. the film counter is just a guide. So, I thought "fuck it" and pulled the roll out, ruining it. Baby steps. Knew better on the next roll, which I used for a Christmas party with my course-mates:




































A couple notes on how the pictures turned out:

Focusing's an annoying problem, I keep forgetting to set it on infinity. Also, for some reason the shutter was slow on some shots even if the flash was on. It takes great snapshots though, so mission accomplished as a party camera. Just have to work on focusing. I wonder though if leaving it on infinity is the problem. We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Lovin' the new blog! Esp. because my face happened many times here. Haha :) Keep it up, Rico! -Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a good night! And the pics made it seem even wilder than it really was! Hope to see more of your Olympus cam and more of my other old ones. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete