Monday, January 31, 2011

January 31, 2011 - Flickr Slideshow and More



A stupid attempt at shooting sports with the Leica. Well, at least I proved I can manual focus almost fast enough for sports, its just that 50mm just isn’t gonna cut it, unless the both teams decide to play on one side of the pitch. Flickr (federicobcruz ,add me up!) slideshow after the break.

 Actually, the stupidest thing about all of this is I completely forgot about the Canon A1 and its 28-85. Not exactly telephoto, but much better than a 50. Gotta make sure I catch the next game with that:

Another stupid thing that happened was that I mis-unloaded the film, so 5 frames, which I remember I had some really good pictures on them (including a tender moment with #5 and his girlfriend), were exposed :( I guess this is the “hate” part of the love-hate relationship I read that people develop with old Leicas. I’m still really happy with the pictures that did come out, and I think I’ve pretty much gotten the hang of shooting with the Leica in bright sunlight. I think now I’m ready for a more focused photo-trip and maybe some low-light photography with high ISO film. (Suggestions in the comments box if you have any ideas on where to go and/or if you’d like to join me!)

Its been a while since my last post, so a couple great things have happened. First is that I find out that a couple other guys in Citi are film nuts too. Looking forward to shooting with them one day. They shared a couple of great links:

http://manilacamerastyle.com/  -  A blog that features classic photography in Manila. Inspired by Tokyo Camera Style

http://www.electricedge.com/gordy_s_straps/index.htm - Beautiful, inexpensive leather straps for any camera. Available in the Philippines.

And, a nifty credit-card sized exposure calculator (useful for digital photographers too!):

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0BwamVqxIX75dNzA4ZGUyNjEtMjY1MC00MDk1LWEwNjctNWIzM2JiZGE5NWIz&hl=en

The second thing, is that I finally figured out how to embed a Flickr slideshow in a blog post!

1 comment:

  1. I think also know a few people from citi who use film

    Melvin Sha
    Jon Guerrero
    Gabby Limson

    HEHEHE you're in good company

    ReplyDelete